"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tuesday: Olympic Total and a Date w/ Isabel

Good 2-a-day today. I feel like the extra training is starting to pay off, although I know I definitely need to be better about taking the needed rest days to prevent overtraining and injury.

AM workout, 5:45a @ Bally's:

Warmup: Double unders and stretching (really trying to be better at doing the latter, only take a few minutes before and after workouts)

Back Squat
Warmup: 135x6, 185x1, 225x1
Work: 190x20

2 mile run
Ran first 0.5 mi at just under 7:00/mi, walked for a minute, finished up the mile at under 7:00/mi pace. Repeated for another mile. Legs feeling a bit tired, can't wait for it to warm up so I can start pushing my runs harder.

Situps, OH lunges w/ #45 plate, more stretching.

1 mi jog (8:00/mi)


PM workout, 6:00p @ CFC:

Olympic Total:
1RM Snatch: #125 (#10 PR)
1RM Clean & Jerk: #175 (#20 PR)

Both were power instead of full squat movements. Happy with the PRs (last time I think I did these was about a month ago), but not satisfied with either. I plan on really trying to get my technique down on these lifts, since I still rely too much on strength/muscling the weight up. One of my Proving Grounds goals is to do a #200 C&J, and I've got to get MUCH faster elbows if I want to accomplish that. Jerk felt pretty easy, but it was more of a push press.

Metcon:
"Isabel"
30 snatches for time

(Rx'd is #135, used #105)

Time: 2:17

First time doing this workout, was pleasantly surprised at how long my form held up since it usually goes down the toilet during high rep snatch workouts. I'd say about 2/3rds of the workout had decent technique, but the last 5 were pretty horrendous. My hamstrings started tightening up during the last 10. First 10 unbroken, then broke it up but concentrated on keeping moving.

Chris posted that Windy City will be having a competition this weekend for those who went to Sectionals / are going to Regionals. I'm hoping to see if I can get squeezed in somehow, I've been itching for a chance to compete. Even if the workouts end up having a Rx'd movement I'm not great at, it'll still be great experience for competitions down the road ahead.

Congrats to Erin on being the February member of the month--you've definitely earned it!

2 comments:

  1. Anthony... how do you always have the energy for two work outs? I'm so envious... I feel like my body has been so tired lately!!! I need your motivation I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin--I think I go to bed earlier than most people's grandparents, so that might be one factor haha. I usually don't do a metcon in the morning, more just strength work and some running, so it's not at the intensity of a wod. During senior year of college I had to cut weight for boxing from about 155 to 135 in 2 months--I was doing workouts 2-3 times a day for longer periods of time, so I think my body got used to it.

    I saw you might be doing your chipper and the Santa Clara Weekly Challenge today--that would be pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete