Workout, 9:00a @ CFC:
Went in Sunday, had been planning to do Jason Khalipa's first weekly challenge all week. Thought it would be a good opportunity to get comfortable with a heavier power clean & jerk weight as well as a chance to work on my butterfly pullups.
Weekly Throwdown Challenge #1:
Clean & Jerk, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 (Rx'd is #155, used #135)
In between each set of c&js you must do a round of Cindy (5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats)--10 rounds of Cindy total.
Time: 26:30
I went into this thinking I could do it around 20, but it was a tough mental and physical workout. All rounds of Cindy were unbroken, and made the rule that I had to butterfly all of my pullups. All of the clean and jerks were singles, the rounds of 8-9-10 were rough. About half of my jerks were solid, but the other had some sort of push out or muscle out at the top, so need to keep working on driving under the bar. I was happy to get in the numerous reps at the #135 weight. Got a great push from Liz, Dave V, and Kerry. I was absolutely spent after this, and ended up taking a short nap later that afternoon.
Food Log:
8:00a: 2 eggs (whole, hard boiled), plantain chips, nuts
10:15a: 1.5 scoops whey, H20, 5 g creatine
10:45a: beef stew
1:00p: 2 eggs (whole, hard boiled), plantain chips, nuts
4:00p: packet of jerky, clif protein bar
7:00p: was at a super bowl party, had chili, a few beers, and 3 peanut butter rice krispy treats
Not a great weekend diet wise, and got back on the wagon quick today....
No comments:
Post a Comment