AM Workout, 5:40a @ Bally's:
0.5 mi run (7:30/mi), 500m row (1:56)
Bench Press
Warmup sets: 135x8, 175x5
Work sets: 195x6, 195x6, 195x6
Back Squat
Warmup sets: 135x6, 185x1, 205x1, 225x1
Work set: 170x20
20 rep set was tough but again doable. I'm hoping the extra squat work will pay off down the road.
1 mi run
Ran first 0.5 mi at 7:00/mi, walked for about a minute, ran last 0.4 mi at 6:00/mi. Hoping to go for a sub-6 mi once it starts getting warmer outside.
PM workout, 6:00p @ CFC:
Worked on muscleups: goose egg
I think I need to devote some time each week to work on these--I've only tried them a few times and haven't made very good progess. My strength is there, but I still have trouble transitioning / rolling over into the dip position.
Metcon:
"Fran"
21-15-9
Thrusters (Rx'd @ #95)
Pullups
Time: 4:59
First time doing an actual Fran. Did "Fran-ish" variation back in November (15-15-15) at 7:53, so it was a big improvement. Biggest difference was my thrusters, which have gotten a lot better due to the heavy thruster workouts we've been doing. I also butterflied around half of the pullups. I'd like to be able to get 20 butterflies in a row, right now I'm usually around 10-15 before I lose my rhythm. I never felt that out of breath on this one, more of my grip / wrists giving out due to muscle fatigue, so I know I can shave this time down in the future to a sub-4. Happy with my first real effort though, it was broken up a number of times but really didn't take much rest.
Food Log:
5:20a: greek yougurt, nuts, H20 (pre-work)
7:00a: smoothie--whole milk, 1 scoop whey, 1/2 sc casein, 5 g creatine (post-work)
9:00a: chicken kabob, 1/2 'cado
10:00a: nuts
11:00a: salmon, 4 eggs (whole, scrambled)
2:30p: chicken, sauteed mangoes, mushrooms and peppers, 1/2 'cado
4:30p: packet of jerky, nuts (pre-work)
7:00p: 1.5 sc whey protein, H20, 5 g creatine (post-work)
7:30p: bowl of chili (put too much tomato paste in this batch--was trying to make it with less liquid but it ended up tasting more like tomato sauce than chili). Meat is ground turkey, pork sausage, and then left over beef franks from omaha steaks from my freezer
9:30p: smoothie--whole milk, 1 sc casein
Saw the first two workouts for sectionals yesterday--looks like some tough work. The #155 weight for the c&j workout (as many as possible in 5 minutes) would be on the heavier side for me, and the #95 overhead squat would probably also give me some trouble, but I definitely regret not signing up now back in Dec/Jan. The workouts certainly expose a few of my weaknesses and I likely wouldn't have a top score in either at this point in my training, but still would've been a good experience for next year. I'm hoping there will be opportunities to compete during the summer. Sometimes I forget I've only been doing Crossfit for about 6-7 months, and get frustrated about a particular movement / weight that I can't handle, but I realize it's important to keep everything in perspective and maintain a solid, consistent attitude day in and day out.
No comments:
Post a Comment