"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Friday, February 5, 2010

Thursday: Freddy's Revenge

AM Workout, 6:00a @ Bally's:

Warmed up with double unders and some stretching

Back Squat:
Warmup sets: 135x8, 185x1, 205x1, 225x1
Work set: 165x20

These are starting to get challenging. First 5 were done fast, second 5 slower, and then took a few breaths in between during the last half. If I'm able to get up to #225 for 20 in a few months I'm going to be pumped, although I know this will take some time. Did #190 for 14 or 15 a few weeks ago, so these sets are going to ramp up in terms of the mental toughness required to get through.

Ran 1 mile, alternating walking and sprints (12.0 mph).

Finished w/ double unders and stretching.


PM Workout, 6:00p @ CFC:

Double under work. These have gotten pretty solid, and I'm now working on getting them as fast and efficient as possible. Trying to keep my jumps relatively low and hands close to my body.

Metcon:
Freddy's Revenge--5 rds for time,
5 shoulder-to-overhead from rack (Rx'd #185, used #155)
10 burpees

Time: 9:37

Still getting comfortable with heavier weights on my jerks so I was happy to get sub-10. I need to get my split jerk down, which would help when I start getting tired. I may have been able to use a bit more weight but #155 is my 1RM power clean. I think I dropped 3 times--only one was a failed jerk, the other two happened when I was trying to bring the bar back down into the rack position. Wrists were hurting the entire time. Burpees unbroken. I actually liked this workout alot.


Food Log for Thursday:
5:40a: 1 scoop whey protein, water, unsweetened applesauce (pre-work)
7:15a: 1 scoop whey protein, 1/2 scoop caesin protein, whole milk, few bites of sweet potato (post-work)
8:30a: paleo stew--stew meat, chicken, mushrooms, peppers
11:00a: 3 eggs (whole, scrambled), chicken sausage
12:30p: packet of jerky, nuts
2:00p: 1/3 lb ground beef, sauteed mushrooms and shredded carrots, 1/2 'cado
4:30p: 3 eggs (whites, hardboiled), nuts (pre-work)
7:15p: 2 turkey burgers, 2 eggs (whole, scrambled), 1/3 sweet potato (post-work)
8:30p: 1/3 lb ground beef, 1/2 'cado
9:30p: smoothie--whole milk, 1.5 scoops caesin

No comments:

Post a Comment