"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Friday, February 12, 2010

Thursday: Stompin' in My Air Force WOD

AM workout, 5:30a @ Bally's:

500m row (1:55)

Bench Press
Warmup: 135x6, 175x5
Work: 195x7, 195x7, 195x7

Back Squat
Warmup: 135x5, 185x1, 205x1, 225x1
Work: 175x20

1 mi run (7:30/mi)
Worked on L-sits


PM Workout, 6:00p @ CFC:

Worked on skin the cats--couldn't get one yet

I think one goal besides olympic movements / strength I'd like to add on my never-ending list of things to work on would be gymnastic-type movements. I still struggle with getting muscle-ups, L-sits for more than 20-30 secs, and wasn't particularly great at skin the cats. Also handstand pushups. I've never had awesome body control when it comes to things like this, so something to work on.

Metcon:
Sectionals workout, "Air Force WOD"

20 thrusters
20 sumo-deadlift high pulls
20 shoulder to overhead (push press, push jerk)
20 overhead squat
20 front squat

(Did this Rx'd, #95)

Every minute, must complete 4 burpees

Time: 10:59

Not a great time measuring up to the rest of the crew, but I've only done OHS a handful of times and knew they would give me some trouble. I thought this was a pretty fair and solid workout, the #95 weight wasn't exactly light for 100 reps but it was very managable. I got all of the thrusters done in the first minute, then did SDHP 15-5 before going into push jerks 11-9 (these breakdowns probably aren't exact). Then came the OHS--don't know the breakdown but I must have spent 4-5 rounds on it. Derek was great coaching me through this part, but I found out the hard way that my grip was way too narrow, and my left hand went numb about halfway through the 20 reps. I did my best to shake it off and got to the front squats. Did five before I had to do some burpees and then JJ pushed me til the end as I got the last 15 unbroken. Burpees felt like I was doing them in quicksand.

Food Log:
5:30a: greek yougurt, H20
7:00a: smoothie--whole milk, 1 sc whey, 1/2 sc casein, 5 g creatine
9:00a: 3 eggs (whites, boiled), nuts
10:30a: 3 eggs (whole, scrambled), 1 chicken sausage
12:00p: packet of jerky, nuts
2:00p: chicken, sauteed mushrooms, almond butter, 1/2 'cado
5:30p: muscle milk lite
7:00p: 1.5 sc whey, 1/2 sc casein, 5 g creatine
8:00p: chili (ground turkey, salsa, beef franks)
9:30a: smoothie--whole milk, 1.5 sc casein, 5 g creatine

1 comment:

  1. First, Nice reference to Air Force Ones. I am kind of in love with you for that.

    Second, you'd have placed 58 of 120 if you had competed in Sectionals and gotten this time, so don't be disappointed in your time you're rockin' out and I'm super impressed you hit this Rx'd. You are going to CRUSH at sectionals next year.

    ReplyDelete