Wednesday:
Strengh workout, 6:00a @ Bally's:
500 m row (2:00), 0.5 mi run (7:00/mi)
Bench Press
Warm up: 135x6, 175x5
Work: 195x5, 205x5, 215x3 (did two more but had some assistance)
Back Squat
Warm up: 135x6, 195x1, 225x1
Work set: 185x20
Did a few sets of 50 double unders w/o any breaks. Also worked on some HSPUs--got two rounds of 5 each in between my double unders. Went to try a few more but had some trouble getting up to the handstand position, called it a day after a few fails. The hardest part of handstand pushups for me is actually getting up to the position--I've always had lousy body control during these types of movements, but doing the pushups isn't a problem. Just something to work on.
Wed. Food Log:
5:30a: greek yogurt, nuts
7:00a: smoothie--milk, 1 sc whey, 1 sc casein, 5 g creatine
8:30a: 2 hard boiled eggs (whites), nuts
10:00a: 3 eggs (whole, scrambled), 1 chicken sausage
12:00p: nuts
2:00p: potbelly's salad--deli meat and bunch of veggies. was on the road so not too many great choices
5:00p: jerky
8:00p: hotel dinner--chicken, broccoli
9:30p: nuts and raisin mix
Took a rest day Thursday. I was traveling for work and just got back tonight. My boss at work is pretty into strength training (doing GOMAD and Wendler's 5-3-1+ program that we've been programming), so he made sure we got in some solid fuel every few hours, which was great.
Thursday Food Log:
6:30a: hotel buffet--scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, strawberries, oj
10:30a: muscle milk
12:00p: jerky, nuts
4:00p: nuts, chocolate milk
6:00p: 2 eggs (whole, scrambled), 2 turkey patties, 1 chicken sausage, plantain chips
9:30p: smoothie--milk, casein
I'm going to try to work out a little tomorrow morning and then hopefully get to the box for one last time. I am way too excited for this weekend, it's kind of ridiculous.
I'm with you - this weekend is going to be so much fun!!!
ReplyDelete