"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Monday

Poor performance during my morning strength workout. Really should have just skipped it, was beat up from Saturday and Sunday.

AM workout, 6:30a @ Ballys:

Bench Press:
Warm up: 135x6, 175x4
Work: 195x5, 200x3, 205x3
Cool: 135x 10

Back Squat:
Warm up: 135x5, 185x1, 205x1, 225x1
Work: 185(f13)

The back squat was just a poor mental performance, and I probably should have taken one more day to rest since doing my 20 rep sequence on Saturday. First time I've failed since starting at #135 and going up #5 for 20 reps each workout. On about rep 8 I was telling myself already that I wasn't going to get it, but the weight really wasn't feeling that heavy. I went down on the 12th or 13th rep and just got stuck in the bottom position, rolled a bit on my toes (i was wearing running shoes), and that was that.


PM workout, 5:00p @ CFC:

Press: 5-5-5+
90-105-118(11)

Again, not great, since I've gotten #120 10-11 times. Press seems to be stuck in a rut.

Metcon:
5 rds
15 push press (#75), 15 box jumps ("24)

Time: 4:41

Good gasser. Would have liked to get all the presses unbroken, but broke the last two sets up 7-8, 8-7. Good push from Bryce and Chris. Box jumps were fine, quads were burning a little by the end.

Food Log:
5:45a: 1 sc whey, raisins
7:30a: smoothie, chicken, 1 chicken sausage, 3 egg omelette, 1/2 'cado
10:00a: 3 hard boiled eggs (1.5 yolks), nuts, plantain chips
1:00p: chipotle salad
3:45p: 2 hard boiled eggs (1 yolk), nuts, raisins
6:00p: 1.5 sc whey, 5 g creatine
9:00p: smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment