Here's my workouts and food log for the day. I ate a ton but seemed to be starving all day long at work. I think it might be from looking at JJ's food blog throughout the day and seeing all of the delicious food he makes, and then staring at my bush league attempts at cooking.
AM workout (5:30a):
Warmup:
500m row (1:57)
0.5 mi run (7:30/mi)
Bench Press:
135x8
165x5
190x6
190x6
190x6
190x4
Got 6 on the last set but didn't count 2 reps--person spotting me was actually holding the bar on two reps and had to say to not touch it)
Worked on circuits of double unders, dips, and lunges with #45 plate overhead.
Squat:
135x8
155x5
185x5
205x5
These did not feel that light--really need to make it a focus on making this lift as solid as it should be. Hopefully can try to work out a good squat program to use during these next few months. My boss at work is doing the old school "Squats n' Milk" program of 20 rep sets and GOMAD (Gallon Of Milk A Day), but I have a feeling that would impede my metcons (and aesthetics) a bit.
PM workout (7:30p)
2 x 1000m row
1) 355.1
2) 359.1
1 x 500m row (damper at 10)
1) ~205.0
3 mins rest in between sets
1 mi run, alternating sprint / walk (7:57)
Legs actually felt pretty good tonight, but arms were a bit tired on the rower.
Glad that I took an Active Rest day yesterday, I rarely take rest days but it was good to recover a bit and then hit it hard today. I went into the workouts with more energy than any other day this week.
Food Log:
5:30a: 1 scoop whey + H20, handful nuts/raisins (pre-workout)
7:00a: 1 scoop whey + H20, 1/2 banana, 5g creatine + green tea
8:30a: 2 egg whites (hard boiled), 4 oz chicken breast, 10 nuts
10:00a: 20 nuts
12:00p: 2 whole eggs, 2 whites (scrambled), 1 chicken sausage
1:00p: handful nuts
2:30p: pork chop, steak, 1/2 avocado, steamed carrots, 10 black olives
4:00p: 1/2 clif builder protein bar
7:00p: 2 egg whites (hard boiled), nuts/raisins (pre-workout)
8:30p: chipotle salad--beef, lettuce, tomatoes, guac, fajita veggies
I'm about to drop JJ's food blog from my RSS subscription because I feel the same way as you.
ReplyDeleteAnthony - if you're starving, EAT!
ReplyDeleteYou've gotta listen to your body, it knows what you need better than you do.
Find things that satiate you more than what you're eating now. When I first started paleo, I ate red meat four to five times a week because it made me feel more full (and happier to be honest) than chicken and other meat.
Drink more water (I don't know how much you drink, but often when people think they're hungry it's b/c they're dehydrated).
Bryce said today he eats every two hours when not at the box. A full meal, every two hours too - not just a snack. As long as you're eating paleo foods and good proportions (protein:carbs:fat ratio) you won't hinder your progress towards a leaner and more aesthetically pleasing shape :)
Just play around with it! No diet works the same for everyone so figure out what works for you - you'll eventually find out how to be fully satiated and not hungry all day. SO EAT!!!
what kerry said...i have played around with this for awhile, add more fats, drink plenty of water, i carry about close to a gallon of water with me everyday. And i don't do alot of snacking either i usually eat decent size meals throughout the day starting off with a slightly bigger breakfast.
ReplyDeleteI tend to eat every three hours not 2 but whatever works for you, don't have to starve yourself this is not what it is about and considering your work capacity you probably need more. especially a person like me with a fast metabolism i can relate with your problem