"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rest Day

Didn't do too much on Sunday. A college buddy was in town to celebrate his birthday, so I had a pretty late night on Saturday. I had been planning on coming in for the open gym this morning but I think it was probably good for me to rest today after a string of tough workouts. I went to Bally's this morning for a little just to get a sweat going, but didn't do too much. I've got the day off tomorrow since the market is closed, so I'm going to get back at it with a 2-a-day.

Rest of Saturday Food Log:
Had 2 oatmeal cookies, 3 small pieces of pizza, and 1/2 chicken burrito.

Sunday Food Log:
10:30a: rest of the burrito
11:00a: muscle milk (pre-workout)
1:00p: 4 oz steak, glass of chocolate milk
4:00p: 2 egg whites, nuts
6:30p: Went to flat top grill for dinner. Had 2 bowls: chicken, steak, ton of veggies, eggs, pineapple. The noodles and rice were tough to pass up but I made it through.
9:30p: glass of chocolate milk

The 3x12 GHDs done after Saturday's workout definitely left me feeling it today--GHDs have a habit of always leaving me sore for the next few days.

1 comment: