"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Visit to the West Loop

Rest of Saturday:

Ended up going out Saturday night. Didn't stay out that late but did have 2 slices of pizza and some beers. Had no food prepared when I got home and was starving, and it was the closest thing to my place. Despite the pizza and my cheats on Friday, managed to get the majority of the weekend paleo again. In the past I'd usually start my "eat whatever I want" on Friday and extend that until about Sunday night, so it's progress.

Sunday:

AM workout @ 11:00a, CFC WL:

Got a ride down to the new West Loop box this morning with Adam and Alison--great space. Jonny thanks for holding the open gym--solid time.

WOD #1:

Jackie:
1000m row
50 thrusters (#45)
30 pullups

Time: 8:03

First time doing Jackie, but not very happy with the time. Didn't feel mentally in it the entire time, almost felt like I was just going through the motions. Row was decent, around 3:55. Thrusters were broken up way too much (10-10-10-10-10). First 10 pullups were unbroken, but the rest were all over the place. Wasn't that spent afterwards, which was an indication that I didn't push myself nearly hard enough. I don't know why I dropped the bar so many times on the thrusters. Going to redo this one ASAP.

Worked on deadlifts: 5-5-5+

225-250-285(3)

These felt good, weight felt solid. Grip just gave out on the last set.

WOD #2:

Last Chance Qualifer from 2009 Games:

3 rounds,
10 deadlift (Rx'd is #275, used #225)
50 double unders

Time: 3:53

Happy with my performance here. Would have liked to get all the deadlifts unbroken--(10, 5-5, 6-2-2). Grip wasn't there today. First round of double unders unbroken, last two rounds had a few trip ups. Deadlift form started getting ugly on the third round.


PM Workout, @ 4:00p:

40 min run (~5 miles)

Legs were feeling pretty tight, so went for a easy long run to loosen up. Ran from my place at Halsted and Wrightwood down to Castaways and back. Pace was probably around 7:45-8:00/mi. I hate running on the treadmill so this felt great.


Food Log for Sunday:
9:00a: 3 whole eggs, 1 egg white (scrambled), turkey, chicken sausage
10:00a: 1/2 clif protein bar (pre-workout)
1:00p: 1.5 scoops whey protein, H20, 5g creatine
1:30p: smoothie--whey protein, chocolate milk, almond butter
3:00p: 1/2 clif protein bar
5:00p: 1/3 sweet potato
7:00p: chipotle salad--barbacoa, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole
9:00p: paleo chili (put this in the crockpot for about 10 hours today--delicious)

2 comments:

  1. Another amazing day for your Anthony and I'm glad you came in. If you ever need a ride to the West Loop when I'm hosting an open gym let me know too and I'll see what I can do.

    One of the drawbacks of the open gyms is that everyone is doing their own thing (hence the concept of the open gym right?). If you were in the traditional CFC environment with the energy, coaching, and support from other athletes, I'm sure you'll perform a lot better. Don't hang your head too low on the Jackie WOD though, you'll get it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. paleo chili simmering for 10 hours... wow i bet that was fabulous. my last pot only simmered for about 2 hours because i wanted to go to bed!

    ReplyDelete