I didn't really have a creative title for today's post, but I did just drink some delicious chocolate milk, and milk was the topic of the day on the Paleo+ blog, so I went with that. I know that chocolate milk isn't paleo by any means--I don't even usually drink it (I used to drink a lot of skim milk). That said, I'm trying to see if it will help me out to gain a little bit more mass over this period. I think I may try to follow Zack and log my meals into FitDay tomorrow to get a good view of my macros / calorie intake. I'm eating pretty much the same thing each day so it should be a good representation.
Workout, 5:45a @ Bally's
Warmup:
0.5mi run (7:30/mi)
500m row (2:05/500m)
DB Bench Press:
50x8
60x8
70x8
80x7 (just missed the last rep)
Worked on L-sits on parallel bars, got maybe about 15 seconds each time. Legs aren't completely flat, still down a bit. Working up to being able to do these on rings, long way to go.
Made up my burpees from the row workout yesterday, did them in 5 sets. Did 30 or so double unders then did 10 burpees, took 1-2 minutes in between sets. Chest was feeling a bit fatigued, probably from Monday's burpees but I was able to move through the sets relatively quickly.
Food Log:
5:30a: 2 egg whites, few bites of clif protein bar
7:15a: 1/2 sweet potato (cut one up and baked it last night), smoothie w/ 1 scoop whey, chocolate milk, blueberries
8:30a: 1/2 lb ground beef, 1/2 avocado, salsa
10:15a: 4 eggs (2 yolks, scrambled), 1 chicken sausage
11:45a: 3 egg whites (h-boiled), handful nuts
12:30p: small handful of nuts, 2 pieces jerky
2:00p: shredded chicken breast, sauteed peppers and mushrooms, avocado
3:30p: nuts, packet of jerky
6:30p: 4-6 oz of steak, 1/4 of the sweet potato
9:00p: smoothie w/ 1 scoop whey, chocolate milk, coconut milk, 2 spoons of almond butter
9:30p: about to go eat 2 more egg whites (h-boiled)
Relatively easy workout today, going to do another 2-a-day tomorrow. Squats and some rowing in the AM, and then back to CFC at night to make up Tuesday's power snatch and hang power clean / ring dip workout. The power snatches during Saturday's WOD at #95 felt pretty easy, so I'm going to try to find my 1RM tomorrow. Undecided on what I'll do fro the HPC / ring dip workout, although I'd like to try to go as heavy as I'm (un)comfortable with in order to get used to the higher weights. Thinking somewhere around #115. Ring dips shouldn't be too bad, so I'll be making sure to work on power clean form, since it's one of my biggest weaknesses. Some wall ball work will also be in order. See everyone tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment