Tuesday Diet:
5:00a: whey protein, water, fish oil, glutamine, flaxseed oil
7:00a: protein shake
8:00a: coffee
9:00a: 1/2 lb. ground beef, salsa, plantain chips, sprinkled cheddar cheese (for fat)
12:30p: office ordered in Chinese for our boss' birthday. Not Paleo by any means but tried to stick to meat for the most part (some was fried). Wanted some fried rice baddd but held off
3:00p: Clif Builder protein bar
Tuesday AM Workout, 6:00a @ CFC:
Was able to roll out of bed a little before 5:00 to make it to the 6am class. Wanted to get my weigh-in for the challenge as well as make up the last challenge workout.
Strength, 1RM Jerk
185-205-225-245(F)x2
#235 is my PR. #225 went up pretty easily and I was starting to get a little tired so went to #245. First attempt was a losing battle, as I let the weight feel heavy in my head and did a fake dip. Second attempt was a little better--bar was certainly high enough but just didn't drop under. Getting under significant weight is always more of a mental battle and really takes a large amount of aggression--going to do this again down the road in the evening when my strength numbers tend to be better.
Metcon, Performance Challenge #1, Trial 2
3 rounds for time,
15 hang power cleans (#135)
15 burpees
Time: 4:17 (-:03 from 4:20 Trial 1)
A little disappointed as I wanted to get sub-4, but I felt a little light-headed this morning--not sure if I was all the way awake yet. Cleans were 15/6-4-5/5-5-5. Burpees felt sluggish. Sub-4 is possible if I can get more cleans unbroken.
Skipped post-WOD of 2 min handstand hold, saving the shoulders for some Olympic lifting tonight if I can make it back in.
Pre-Challenge Weigh-in: #163
"Mid"-Challenge Weigh-in: #156
Called this morning's weigh-in "mid-challenge" since I need to get down to #152 for the Olympic lifting meet on December 11th.
No comments:
Post a Comment