"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Competition Time

Tuesday Diet:
5:30a: protein shake--water, 1 scoop whey
7:00a: 1.5 protein shake--almond milk, whey, creatine (1.5 because I spilled most of the first one all over my desk like an idiot)
8:30a: coffee, black
9:45a: 1/2 lb ground beef, sauteed broccoli slaw, salsa
12:00p: handful of nuts
2:00p: Potbelly's salad--2x chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, tomato, bacon, egg, non-fat dressing
3:00p: protein bar

Tuesday Workout:

Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3

185-195-205-215-225

#225 is 90% of my last 1RM @ #250, and started getting heavy but felt good.

CFE Workout on C2:
20 min AMRAP
200m, :30 rest
16 rounds (Avg. Pace 1:43-1:54) + 2 rounds before starting timer

Actually ended up doing 2 extra sets at the start before I realized I hadn’t started my 20 min timer. Deviation between my sets is still pretty big, middle sets were tough.

Post-WOD: Dips, 3×10 (unweighted)

Signed up for the Turkey Trot next week on Turkey Day--8K run (just under 5 mi). Since it's pretty soon and running isn't really a weakness I'm not doing any specific training for it, although it would be nice to PR on the race (ran it the last two years). Last year didn't do as well as the first time due to a crowded and muddy course. More fun than anything else, and should help limit some of the weight gain from the destruction that is sure to occur on Thanksgiving. Parents are coming in town and we are actually ordering most of the food from Whole Foods like last year, so while it won't be Paleo it should be all-natural (and delicious).

The other competition I plan on signing up for this week is Windy City's Olympic Weightlifting meet on Dec. 11th. It will be my first competition and o-lifts aren't a strength of mine, so I'm pretty nervous but will do my best in the next few weeks. Originally wasn't going to sign up since a friend of mine wanted to come in town for the 12 Bars of Christmas Pub Crawl, but I made the decision to do this instead. It was definitely tough, but I realized that I need to do the meet (no matter how I place) in order to be ready for Sectionals. While a day at the bars would be fun, I'd kind of be throwing away all the time and commitment I've put towards training. Looking forward to it.

Single workout today, may try to do the 6am class tomorrow and yoga at night. Busy week so looking to get in a double or two this weekend.

2 comments: