"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Monday, March 15, 2010

Week's Worth of Updates

Haven't posted in awhile--tried a few times last week but my posts got erased and I was too lazy to redo them. Going to a give a quick recap of my workouts. I'll just post most of the ones that were done at CFC last week.

Wednesday:

Affilate Cup competition workout

5 rounds:
8 overhead squats (Rx'd #115)
30 double unders

Time: 12:22

Would have liked to get sub-10 on this, but 1RM OHS is #125 so just wanted to get through it. Going to make these a focus in the coming months, along with squat cleans.

Thursday:

Affilate Cup competition workout / Paleo+ Challenge workout

2k row

Time: 7:40 (PR)

Beat my January time of 8:27 by a decent amount. Didn't feel particularly great during the row, but managed to finish up ok. I'd like to set a personal goal of shaving this down to a sub-7 over the long term, but I'll definitely need to increase my rowing stamina since I'd probably have to pull at a much higher stroke rate.

Friday:

Last Affiliate Cup competition workout

Chipper:
100 box jumps ("24)
80 KB swings (1.5 pood)
60 wall balls (#20 ball to 10 ft target)
40 pullups
20 calorie row

Time: 19:16

Pretty disappointed with this, but it was a tough workout overall. I thought did pretty well on everything...except the wall balls. Had a number of missed reps, couldn't string them together--it was ugly. Jonny did keep me honest throughout though, so it's just something else to keep working at.

Saturday:

5 min AMRAP #135 clean and jerks

This was more of a skill session than anything else. Rudy coached me through and I did my best to do actual squat cleans, instead of the usual power clean to front squat. Big focus over the next cycle is on strength and making sure I have a solid rack position on all clean movements.

Sunday:

30 minute run

Needed to sweat out Saturday's festivities. This was awful but felt better afterwards. Walked to Pequod's with Karen and Megan to meet up with everyone, ate a bunch of pizza, then made my first trip to Sweet Mandy B's. Fatty.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, had a great weekend. Said goodbye to gluten last night, back to work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment