"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Friday, March 26, 2010

Another Round of Updates

Have been out of town on vacation / work for most of the last week, so here we go:

Wed, 3/17 @ CFC:

"Fight Gone Bad!"

Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

WB 15-15-15
SDHP: 30-25-20
BJ: 40-31-36
PP: 30-25-20
ROW: 11-10-10

Rd 1: 126, Rd 2: 106, Rd 3: 101

Total: 333 (PR from 321 back in Sept)

Got a PR but a little disappointed I didn't hit the 350 I was shooting for. I had a rough game plan sketched out but didn't really follow it all that well, so I'll try to stick to it better next time. Lost some gas there at the end. I think I actually rested too much at some points, should get 40+ on box jumps. Wall balls and row need to improve in order to get up there with the big dawgs in the 350+ range.


Thurs., 3/18, Bally's

Bench Press
Warm: 135x5, 165x5
Work: 185x5, 190x5, 195x5, 200x5

Then worked on suck list...

4 rounds:
6 front squats @ #155
2 laps around Bally's track (I think 12.5 laps is a mile)

1-2 minutes rest in between each round. Kept each round around 1:25-1:40. All front squats unbroken.

Regular dips
8
10 +#15 weight
10 +#30 weight
10 +#30 weight, dropped weight and did 5


Fri, 3/19

Went for a 35-40 minute run outside, nice weather. Probably did 7:30-8:00 miles. I'd like to get to the point where a 7:00/mi feels pretty easy. Going to start running a lot more as it gets warmer, so if anyone is up for some longer runs / sprints / hill runs let me know.

Friday-Monday

Went on vacation to Vegas. First time there and it was a blast. WODs consisted of going to In-and-Out, watching a lot of basketball, and laying by the pool. Sleep was minimal.

Tuesday, 3/23

AM @ Bally's:

500m row / 0.5 mi run

Front Squats
Warmup: 135x8
Work: 155x6, 165x5, 175x5, 185x5

Ran 2 laps around Bally's track immediately after each set. 1-2 min rest in between.

Dips: 10, 10 (+#20 weight), 10 (+#30)

Circuit of double unders, situps. Few sets of HSPUs (8-6).


PM:

Went for a 25-30 min run outside. Actually felt pretty awful. Back was extremely tight (probably from the front squats and not working out for 3-4 days). Ran first two miles then did a few 1 min intervals by the zoo parking lot, then ran back home.


Wed, 3/24

Went to Orlando for work for the night. Weather was great and went for another 3-4 mile run.

Came back to the hotel and did:
10 rounds,
10 pushups
10 situps
10 squats

Didn't time it or hit it hard, just went unbroken.


Thurs., 3/25, CFC

Finally got back home, took a cab from the airport straight to the box.

Worked on squat cleans
135x3, 155x5, 155x5, 155x5

These are a major area of improvement for me. Still working on them, but weight is feeling easier. Need to get under the bar faster so I don't pull as if I'm doing a power clean. Also would like to be faster out of the bottom for when we do thrusters.

Metcon:
30-20-10
Hang power clean (#95)
Wall ball (#20)

Rx'd, Time: 5:09

HPCs: unbroken, 10-10, unbroken
Wallballs: broken up all over, but chipped away at them

Did a lot better than I thought on this one, since wall balls always give me trouble. Did too many singles, need to consistently get 10 or more a set. Great going back and forth with Emily on this workout.

Weighted pullups: 3-3-3
+#25, +#35, +#45

Got first two sets pretty easily, chin wasn't all the way over on the last set.

No comments:

Post a Comment