"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Friday, March 5, 2010

Thursday: Affiliate Team Competition WOD #2

Slept in Thursday morning to rest up for the workout that night.

Workout, 6:00p @ CFC:

Worked on muscleups: I'm going to get these. One day.

Affiliate Cup Competition Workout #2:

Max reps
90 sec: handstand pushups
90 sec: chest-to-bar pullups
75 sec: hspu / ctb pu
60 sec: hspu / ctb pu
45 sec: hspu / ctb pu
30 sec: hspu / ctb pu
15 sec: hspu / ctb pu

Total of 10.5 minutes of work

Reps: 118

Really needed to do well on this workout after Monday's performance, and although I wish I could've cranked out a few more reps I'm pretty happy. Currently stand at 3rd on this workout behind Zack and Brett Raz. Don't remember the breakdowns, thanks to Bryce for counting. As advertised, this workout was really about grip / forearm muscle fatigue rather than conditioning. There were points where I knew I could get a few more pullups but just couldn't hold on to the bar. Chest-to-bars aren't as easy for me to string together, but tried to keep the rests short and work as much as possible. Handstand pushups fatigued quickly but got 15 straight to start off, which I think is a PR. Want to give Diane a try sometime (21-15-9 #225 Deadlift / HSPU).

Worked more on overhead squats after class. Got 8 @ #115. Will need to do 5 rounds of this with double unders in a week or so. Looks like OHS are on the docket for tonight, so I'm going to try experimenting with taping the wrists.

5k tonight. Heavy grace (30 #155 squat clean and jerks) Saturday (woof).

No comments:

Post a Comment