"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Friday / Saturday: 5K and Heavy Grace

Friday Workout, 6:30p @ CFC:

Ran the 5K for the affiliate team competition.

Time: 22:52

Was trying to get somewhere around 21 minutes (last 5K in November was at 22:08 on the treadmill). I've been running a mile or two a day at 7:00/mi or walk/sprint intervals on the treadmill during my morning workouts, but haven't done a full 5k in a long time. Can't wait for it to get warm outside.

This was a workout I needed to do well on, and I'm currently in 2nd behind Brett Raz, who I knew would smoke this one.


Saturday Workout, 9:00a @ CFC:

Bench Press: 5-3-1
165-185-205(5)

Metcon, Affiliate Team Competition WOD #4:

From 2008 Crossfit Games, "Heavy Grace"

30 full squat clean & jerks (Rx'd #155)

Time: DNF, 21 reps
Ended up finishing the 30 at 16:34

I knew this would be by far the hardest out of the eight competition workouts, and I just wanted to get through it. I basically have no squat clean, and power cleaned / front squatted every rep. Jerks felt fine for the most part, although I failed a few reps due to trying to muscle up the weight. Thanks Mandie for counting my reps and Kerry for keeping me in it. Have to agree with Rudy that I need to be doing a little less bench pressing and a lot more front squatting--something I plan on programming in my next cycle once we've finished the competition workouts.

Going to do something light tomorrow (run or row), then Crossfit Total Monday night.
Should be a solid week of workouts, then my birthday Friday, St. Patty's Day Saturday, Pizza Crawl Sunday, and Vegas the next weekend--looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment