Back at it yesterday. Attempting to do a few 2-a-days at the start of the week since I'll be heading out on a short vacation on Friday. Was still feeling the effects of the weekend's binge Monday morning.
AM workout, 5:45a @ Bally's:
500m row
0.5 m run
Front Squat
Warm: 115x5, 135x5
Work: 155x5, 165x5, 175x5, 185x5
No bench press--following Rudy's coaching and working on the things I need to get better at. Don't think a bench press will help me too much in the midde of a full squat clean Grace. Still might put it in there once in awhile, just not as consistently.
Sumo-deadlift high pulls
95x10, 105x10, 105x10
0.5 mi run x 2 (sub-7:00 splits)
PM workout, 6:00p @ CFC:
OHS: 5x1
125-125-125-125-125
1RM is #125 but did the overhead squat / double under workout (40 reps at #115) as Rx'd, so just did #125 for these. No fails. Finally starting to feel comfortable, just followed the coaches and went slower (who knew?). I've tended to rush these in the past, which usually was the result of failed reps. I felt that I could probably do another #10-#20 lbs, but focused on form.
Metcon:
As Many Rounds As Possible, 12 min
5 burpees
10 pullups
15 situps
6 rounds + 11 situps (+#20 weight vest)
I think I could have gotten 10 rounds on this w/o the vest, but my goal over the next few months is to get stronger so I strapped it on. I'm going to try to do this for most of the bodyweight metcons. 7 or 8 rounds would have been better--everything felt fine except for the situps--my abs are pretty sore this morning.
I think my conditioning is solid right now (could always be better), but I usually have muscle fatigue on heavier workouts rather than getting gassed. Now that it's warming up I'm going to start running outside for longer distances or adding in some CF endurance workouts, so that should take care of conditioning.
No comments:
Post a Comment