"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back Into It

After more than a week of eating pretty terribly and being out of the box, I finally made it back last Thursday night. It felt great to get back into the swing of things. Already posted that workout, so will post Friday, the weekend, and the start of this week.

Friday, 3/27

AM workout:

Decided the best way to get back to work was to hit it hard Thurs / Fri / Sat, and then make Sunday relatively easy.

500m row / 250m row / 0.5 m run

Hang power clean 115x8
Sumo deadlift high pull 95x10
Sumo deadlift high pull 95x10

Ran 2 laps immediately after each set, 1-2 min rest in between sets. I'm liking these sets mixing in a lift with a run/sprint, since I think they have been helping my work capacity. I'm a decent runner, but want to get used to running when I'm already fatigued.


PM Workout:

Back Squat 5x2: #245

Got tough at the end but manageable, good working with Chris and Zack. 5 sets of 2 reps, all at #245. I'd like to get that squat up to #300 eventually (Current PR is #280)

Metcon:
10-8-6-4-2
Shoulder to overhead
OHS

#115, Time: 10:56

Jerks were all pretty easy, but OHS still tough as usual--too many failed reps. Great workout, would like to do this Rx'd but need to work on OHS a lot more. Wrists were limiting factor, couldn't move them for about 20 minutes afterwards.


Saturday, 3/27

AM workout

Bench Press, 5x3: #205

No fails, could have maybe gone +#5. Need to work on technique. 5 sets of 3 reps, all @ #205.

Metcon:
AMRAP in 8 min
3 HSPU, 6 CTB PU, 12 Box jump

Rx'd: 8 full rounds + 1 HSPU


Pushups, 3 rounds of 20, did each round for time, 90 sec rest in between

16 seconds for all three sets. Good to get the same time across the board--shooting for 15 seconds though!


Rested for about an hour or so when I got home then went for a 35 minute run outside. Took a few breaks to stretch out, but I think I kept a 7:30/mi pace. Need to start taking my pace watch with me to start getting more comfortable with 7:00/mi splits.


Sunday, 3/28

I was pretty sore all over on Sunday, so just worked on full clean and jerks. #135 is starting to feel pretty easy, and got #155 as well. Worked up to #175. Jerks all felt very doable, but still pulling too high on the clean. Got some good pointers from Rudy, Kurt, and Zack. Will keep working. #200+ is the goal.

Afterwards watched the regional girls go through a workout and judged Alison, who cranked out 22 muscleups. Definitely know who I need to go to now for tips on getting one.


Monday, 3/29

AM workout:

2x500m row

Press:
95x5, 115x3, 125x3, 135x3, 140x1, 135x3

#135 felt heavy, and it shouldn't have. Not sure where my pressing ability has gone.

Made up a metcon w/ HSPUs
5 rounds:
20 double unders
5 burpees
3 HSPUs

Time: 5:45

All unbroken except for a few tripups on the double unders. Good one for shoulder fatigue.


PM Workout:

Went for a 40 minute run

No comments:

Post a Comment