"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Monday, October 25, 2010

Pushing the Pace




Monday night dinner--picture inspired by the Great Suz--definitely not as cool as a gong though...


Monday, 8/25

I'm usually not a big fan of Mondays, but was busy at work all day (which I like) and had a good diet and workout, so looking forward to the remainder of the week. Pretty pumped for Halloween this weekend.

I go to bed super early on Sundays and started sleeping in and working out at night, so slept from about 9am-6am--definitely needed after a late night out on Saturday.

Monday Diet:
7:30a: got to work and was starving. 1/2 lb. ground beef, 2 scrambled eggs
10:30a: handful of nuts
12:15p: Einstein Bros. chipotle chicken salad--not very many good Paleo options as my firm went here for lunch, but made do with this. Tasted pretty terrible.
2:00p: Think Thin protein bar
5:30p: bag of jerky, bag of nuts
8:00p: protein shake
8:30p: pork tenderloin cutlets, sauteed broccoli slaw

Workout, 7pm @ CFC

1RM Close Grip Bench Press (tempo 30X0): #200

About what I expected, as my 1RM regular bench press is #225 or so.

Metcon,
5 rounds for time
10 burpees
10 box jumps ("24)
10 pullups

Time: 5:00

Bryce challenged me to do this sub-5, and even made me push it from the start by saying I had to complete my burpees and box jumps before Tim R. did his burpees. My legs and achilles weren't feeling great after 90 box jumps on Saturday and a run on Sunday, but once the clock started I went at it the best I could. Glenn, Rudy, Chris and Bryce yelled me on the entire time, so I didn't have the luxury of taking much rest. My movements at the end slowed down but was happy to get one of the top times, as the workout was pretty much in my wheelhouse. I feel that I'm getting better at pushing workouts even when I'm not feeling exactly solid beforehand.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Anthony!! What is that broccoli slaw?! I'm interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Suz--it's a pre-mixed bag I found randomly at Trader Joe's this week. I have a big issue with not eating enough vegetables so I'm trying it out. I just threw it into a pan and poured some olive oil on top.

    @ Billy--thanks!

    ReplyDelete