"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back on Track



Feeling much better this morning after 10 hours of sleep.

Thursday Diet:
7:00a: shake--coconut milk, casein protein, cashew butter
9:45a: paleo chili
12:30p: Whole Foods hot bar--two slices of pork loin, chicken breast, zucchini and broccoli. I think the box weighed in at 1.2 lbs today. I have come to the realization that is it nearly impossible to spend less than $10 at WF, but it is delicious.
3:00p: Think Thin protein bar
6:30p: ready to drink protein shake
8:30p: paleo chili over sweet potato chips

Thursday Workout:

7:(15)p @ CFC:

Was finishing up some stuff at work and missed the Metra train so made it in a little late to class last night. Commuting to and from the box during the week gets a little frustrating since I don't have a car, but I enjoy it so much that I usually don't mind. Also have a number of good friends who offer me a ride home, which is pretty awesome.

Workout:

Clean & Jerk ladder @ #135

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

In between each round of C&Js do a round of Cindy (5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats) for 10 rounds of Cindy total.

Time: 19:58

Really shooting to get sub-20, and happy I got it. PR of about 6 min from the last time I did this in February. These longer metcons with a strength element are great mental challenges, as it gets tough to keep the intensity as the 15 minute mark passes and I start to get fatigued. My Cindy rounds were not as fast as usual, but after getting called out by Rudy on my squats at the start I went slow and made sure to get full depth. I think the issue for me there is still the tight hip flexor, which is probably why I start my air squats by not going down all the way.

Coming off of a sick/rest day, this felt good. The rounds of 8-9-10 were a battle, and though I wasn't cycling the C&J as fast as I would have liked, I pushed through them to hit my target time.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you had paleo chili at 9:45am. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never done that WOD and I hope to never do that WOD. You're a beast.

    ReplyDelete