"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here We Go

Back after a few months of not posting workouts. I've decided that I want to compete for the Games next year, and my goal is to make it out of Sectionals into Regionals. It seems like a long ways away but from watching the competition season of this year and seeing everyone progress at CFC, I know it will take some serious work if I want to achieve that goal. I plan on posting different strength and workout goals here during the next few days. Also trying to sit down with Coach Bryce some time this week to write up a program for me during the next 6+ months of training.

I'll post Monday's workout and diet. Will try to post diet on days I have time--food/drink on the summer weekends has been terrible so hopefully it will hold me more accountable.

Monday 8/10/10:

Front Squat 3x3 @ #215

Metcon--CF HQ WOD from Sunday

20 minute AMRAP

7 #185 back squat
10 #45 dumbbell overhead walking lunge (right hand)
7 burpees
10 #45 DB OH walking lunge (left hand)

7 rounds + 7 back squats

This one definitely hit the legs pretty hard. #185 is a relatively lighter weight for me on back squat, but doing the weight 56 times after lunges got tough. Walking lunges weren't as bad as I thought they would be, although they also got hard by the end.

Diet:
4:50a (pre-work): protein shake, g2 gatorade, few sips of OJ
6:00a (post-work): chocolate milk + protein, creatine, fish oil
9:30a: scrambled eggs, sausage
12:30p: steak in a sack (sliced steak in a pita w/ veggies)--went to a Mediterranean place for lunch, that's seriously what the dish was called
3:30p: protein bar
5:00p: almond/pecan/walnut mix
8:00p: carne asada steak, avocado, plantain chips, fish oil

Overall just an okay day diet wise--could have probably ditched the pita at lunch but would have been pretty messy. Usually have a bag of jerky or some slices of roast beef with the nuts but didn't need it today.

3 comments: