"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Time to Pull

Monday Workout, CFC @ 7:00pm:

Worked up to a 1RM full squat snatch. Haven't really done full squat snatches above a very light weight of #95, but my 1RM power snatch is around #150.

Worked up to #140, failed #145x2.

Was content with this for now, especially since the last few attempts felt a bit rushed in order to get the attempts in before the 15 minutes were up. While I still have a bit of a hitch between my two pulls, I'm getting better at eliminating most of it. I also am learning to better aggressively pull the bar up instead of just pulling slowly. My two fails were due likely to me shorting the pull, as I felt I didn't extend all the way. As the weight increased, I wanted to get under the bar as fast a possible but didn't open up all the way, which resulted in the miss. A ton of things to think about on the snatch, but it sesms the trick is to not think about it so much and let the muscles do their work.

Metcon:
For time,
400m run
25 KB swings (2 pood)
50 double unders
400 m run
25 KB swings (2 pood)
50 double unders
400 m run

Time: 9:52

Should have been in the 8:00-min range, but tripped up way too many times on the double unders, which are a strength. Don't know if it was fatigue or a short rope, but messed up more than 10 times when it should have only been a handful at most. Was chasing Cameron out the door on the last run, and made up for it on the last 400 m--good battle. KB swings were broken once each set, 18-7 / 17-8. I actually hit the runs pretty hard, especially the last one. Not the best performance due to the spotty double unders, but still got it sub-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment