Went out Saturday night for JohnG's birthday, and was hurting a little bit Sunday morning. That said, made myself get out of bed around 9am so I could go help coach at the 9am class. Hadn't really been planning on working out afterwards since I was pretty sore from Saturday's workouts and not 100% from the night before, but ended up getting in two quick metcons.
Technique Work:
Worked on some squat snatches at a pretty light weight (#95)
Metcon A:
5 rounds for time:
3 power snatches (#115)
7 burpees
9 KB swings (1.5 pood)
Time: 6:30
15 minute rest
Metcon B:
5 rounds for time:
3 power cleans (#155)
5 handstand pushups
7 wall balls (#20)
Time: 7:45
Did both of these on my own--second workout was a actually a lot harder since my shoulders were more fatigued from the day before than I originally thought. Broke up the last two or three sets of HSPUs, which isn't usually too high of volume for me. Just felt good to get a solid sweat going.
PM--4:30pm--Core Power Yoga
Have been thinking about doing yoga for the past few weeks now, and finally got around to signing up for a free week of classes at a place just down the street. The place isn't Bikram yoga, but is hot (around 95-100 degrees). Since I'm not very good about keeping up with flexibility and mobility drills (which I intend on doing here on out), I thought doing this once a week would help. I also think mentally it should help in terms of a nice ending to the weekend and give me a chance to get my mind off daily life for a bit. Lately I've been feeling like I don't really get any time to just sit and hang out, as I find myself running around even during the weekends.
I must say that I was a little intimidated when I went to go to the yoga class, as I hadn't really done it before, save for a few classes back in college. I also did not want to be the only dude sweating profusely and pulling a hamstring in the middle of a class of girls. Thankfully everything went fine, but I must say that it was one of the more physically and mentally challenging things that I've done in awhile. I don't have great balance and it was tough holding some of the positions on one leg or the other, while at the same time sweating all over the place. The last 15 minutes or so (there wasn't a clock in the room) were perhaps the hardest, as the heat was starting to get to me. I did find it pretty fulfilling to finish the class without leaving the room though. Will definitely be heading back there this week and in the future.
Had been planning on going to a concert Sunday night, but the yoga class left me feeling ready for bed, and I knew I should probably get some sleep since I hadn't slept much the night before. Went to bed around 9:30p and slept in until 6:15a for work. Felt great, so going to head into the box tonight.
Weekend Diet:
Not too great at the tail end. Didn't go out Friday night, so had a salad from PJ Clarke's. Had beers all afternoon/night on Saturday. Dinner on Saturday was at a bar and had chicken tenders w/ tater tots, then a slice of Bacci pizza on the way home. Sunday went to Flat Top Grill--had some rice/noodles with my meat but stopped at two bowls.
No comments:
Post a Comment