Wednesday AM--5:45 @ FFC:
Strength:
Bench Press (speed), 10×2 @ #160
Legs were feeling tired after all of the running the last few days, so no squatting on Wednesday. Thinking about starting up a 20 rep squat program again, as it got me a +#30 PR back in the spring. Will likely start at a pretty light weight.
Workout:
12 min AMRAP,
5 toes to bar
7 burpees
9 ball slams
15 double unders
7 full rounds + 2 ball slams
Everything unbroken except for one or two trip-ups on the double unders. Made this one up, was shooting for around 8 rounds but it was a gasser with the burpees in the middle. First round was blazing at around one minute, and fell off from there. I like trying to put together movements that sap energy quickly (burpees) with ones that require some timing and finesse (double unders). Also still hit or miss on doing toes to bar fast without a kip in between.
Wednesday diet was solid, did have 5 or 6 beers at night.
Going to head to the box tonight (Thursday) to make up the Fight Gone Bad trial run. Am not expecting too much since I got less than 6 hours of sleep last night and am feeling it today. Did have a great time at a Glitch Mob concert courtesy of TomW. Had never heard of the band nor is it the type of music I usually listen to, but I ended up liking it a lot. I was thinking the other day how I usually wouldn't be up for going out to see a random band during the week, but I think Crossfit has actually made me more open to stepping outside my comfort level, even in my daily life. I've started taking more advantage of such opportunities even if it's not something I normally do, and almost every time I end up enjoying my decision immensely. Pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment