"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Monday, January 10, 2011

Competition Training Day #1

Sectionals Training Workout #1, 1/8/11, Noon @ CFC

For Time:
25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood/1.5 pood
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang squat cleans, (95/65)
25 Good Mornings (45/33)
30 Wall ball shots, (20/14)
3 Rope climb ascents

Time: 17:58

Glenn had the top time w/ 12:17, and I think Cam was behind me at around 19:00. Tough workout--fell apart after the situps. Also did 30 squat cleans instead of 20, and the rope climbs took me at least 3 minutes. Probably should have been in the 15 minute range. I did get to go in the same heat as Nate on this, which was great since I don't get to compete against him too often. Beat him to the squat cleans but got passed up there.

Notes:
1) Squat depth on squat cleans and wall balls still pretty bad. Need to start videoing my workouts again to see where I'm cutting these short. My legs felt absolutely cashed from Friday's 7am workout w/ overhead walking lunges, 80 wall balls, and 120 box jumps, but definitely not a good excuse.
2) I need to learn how to climb the rope normally
3) Learn how to count


Monday, 1/10/11, 5:15a @ FFC

Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3 (+#5 from last week's sets)

190-210-230-250-260

Metcon, 15 min AMRAP
15 KB swings (#53)
15 double unders
15 thrusters (#45 bar)

8 rounds + 4 KBS

My goal was to get everything unbroken, and accomplished that besides tripping up on two sets on double unders. This was a good grip workout, as the KB at FFC has an extra thick handle. May have gamed it a bit too much towards the end as I got tired, although getting 9 rounds would have been tough. Lower back and hamstrings lit up after this one.

1 comment: