Had another late night at work Tuesday and didn't get back to my place until almost midnight. Basically jumped into my bed. Got about six hours of sleep and woke up with a headache, but knew I needed to get my training in at 7am. I had bailed on Randy and the 7am crew a few times so that got me motivated to not hit the snooze button.
"Mr. January" Workout:
20 minute AMRAP,
10 push press @ #95
15 lateral jumps over parallets
10 pullups
13 rounds + 15 jumps
Shooting for a high of 15 rounds but considering how tired I felt I was ok with this. I went out of character on this one and actually went out a little too fast at the start--my first 4-5 rounds were all under a minute. Once I got to about 12 minutes my pacing got thrown out the window, which led to more resting than I would have liked. I was glad to get the push presses unbroken. Actually had to break up the jumps and pullups more than I thought, as I'm still trying to get my gas tank back. These longer workouts are always more of a mental test, which I like. I plan on trying to do a long Hero workout every other week or so to test my ability to go long. I'm guessing most competition workouts won't be past 20-25 minutes (since there will be video submissions), but I think workouts over 20 demand that the athlete has to reach back and go to a deeper place where they can push through the pain and fatigue.
Diet this week has been pretty good, although I didn't have time to make meals for the week on the weekend so there's been a number of protein shakes/bars (my dinner last night was a Clif Builder protein bar and a handful of nuts). Took some tips from Karen and Suz and bought sausage/chorizo from Whole Foods, removed the casings, and then cooked in a pan--great to switch it up with ground beef. Going to try to add eggs and some cut up squash to a make a breakfast hash recipe next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment