Meet Results, Men's 69 kg (#152 weight class:
(In kg.)
Snatch: 61-66-70(F)--> Lbs. conversion (134.5-145.5-154.3)
Best Snatch: 66 (-#5 PR)
Clean & Jerk: 84-88-93(F)-->(184.5-195.5-205.0)
Best C&J: 88 (-#15 PR)
Placed 4th out of 7 in my weight class.
Overall I was relatively happy with my performance. While I could have liked to get some PRs, I tweaked my hip flexor on my last snatch attempt and had to power clean all of my C&J instead of squat clean. I was definitely pretty nervous beforehand, but not so much when I actually got onto the platform. Great experience for future competitions--different from a Crossfit-style event in that we only got three attempts for each lift, so had to make them count. Long day, but definitely worth it.
Did absolutely nothing on Sunday except sit on my couch and lounge. Actually went outside to go over to a friend's house to watch a movie and eat deep-dish, so that was the most productive I got.
Using the next week or so to take a step back and recover--trying to make weight for the meet definitely took a toll on my body, as I had to wake up early every day and increase my workout volume. Will probably continue training, but just at my own pace. Left hip flexor is still tight, so will stretch that out.
Monday Workout, 12/14 @ CFC, 7pm:
Strict Military Press, 5x5 @ #130
Did this at #125 a few weeks ago and it felt much stronger today. All reps went up without sticking points except for the very last one.
Workout, 4 rounds, 5 minute minutes per round
500 m row
10 toes to bar
20 pushups
Finish the round, and use remainder of 5 minutes as rest period
2:25-2:31-2:35-2:34
All rounds unbroken, but row slipped in the later rounds. Tried to go around a 1:50-1:55 for each row. Goal was to be as consistent as possible as well as get everything unbroken. Only person to beat me was Glenn, as he beat me off the rower each time. Good workout to start the week, as it left me tired but didn't completely destroy me.
Post-workout: 2 minute handstand hold, partition as needed. Did this in two sets of 1:00 each.
No comments:
Post a Comment