Work has been pretty busy so updating this has taken a back seat, but I've been keeping pretty consistent with my workouts and preparation for the lifting meet on Saturday. I'm still nowhere near where I'd like to be on my Olympic lifts but I'm really just looking forward to competing in front of people, even though I'm a little nervous. Should be fun whatever the outcome, and good experience for the future.
I weighed in Tuesday morning at #155, so ~#3 shy of where I need to be on Saturday. I had a friend in town this weekend so my diet wasn't great, but the number of actual meals I ate was small (burger on Sat. night, Wishbone for brunch and pizza for dinner on Sun.). If I'm still pretty close by Friday then I'll go ahead and try to cut the weight, but if not no biggie and I'll go in the heavier class.
Monday Workout, 7:00pm @ CFC
Wasn't able to wake up early Monday morning to get in my extra cardio workout, rough Saturday night.
Strength--Worked on clean and jerks. Did all squat cleans, just refining my technique and dialing everything in. Still have a habit of pushing the weight forward on the jerk. Worked up to #185, which is what I plan to open at on Saturday.
Planned attempts:
Snatch: #130-#140-#150
Clean & Jerk: #185-#195-#205
Metcon Workout, chipper for time:
500 m row
100 double unders
80 power wall ball (#14)--wall ball w/ partial squat
60 squats
40 situps
20 burpees
500 m row
Time: 11:37
Around a Top 10 time at the box--about what I expected given this workout played to some strengths (double unders, bodyweight movements) but also had some of my weaknesses (wall balls, rowing). Was in a fast heat with some competitive guys (Glenn, Cam, Chris, and Kurt), and finished just behind Glenn and Kurt due to the row. My splits were likely around 1:50-1:55 for both while theirs were around 1:45, which made the difference in the placing. Not too bad of a workout, but could have broken up the wall balls a little less.
Got in bench press and a little cardio this morning, heading to the box for more Olympic work and the workout this evening. Drinking water like there's no tomorrow, and will start to cut down tomorrow or Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment