"When one has made a decision...even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way...is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong"

'Hagakure," -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Friday, December 10, 2010

Game Time

Thursday was my final tune up for the meet on Saturday.

AM Workout, 5:45a @ FFC:
2 mile run (8:00/mi)
20 minutes on the elliptical

PM Workout, 8:00p @ CFC:
Was able to help coach the 7pm class and then lift at 8pm.

Snatch Attempts
115-125-135-145(tie PR)-150(+#5)

C&J Attempts
155-175-185-195-205(+#10 PR)-210(PR)

Feeling pretty tired and worn down after the last two weeks of training, but really happy to PR on both lifts. My last two snatch attempts weren't pretty, but I just need to come up from the squat more slowly and more controlled. #135 is a weight I'm pretty sure I can hit almost every time, so will plan on opening with that on Saturday.

Clean and jerks felt great, and I didn't feel (nor did anyone see) the hitch between the pulls. As long as I can clean it up, I should be able to get the jerk.

Planned Attempts for Saturday (in lbs.)
Snatch: 135-145-155
C&J: 190/195-205-215

A little nervous, but more excited than anything else. Even if I don't hit everything tomorrow I feel like I've improved over a lot during the last few weeks, which should put me in a better position for Games competition in a few months. Am also looking forward to eating a lot of food post-meet.

Weight Friday morning was at #153.6 when I woke up--did some light cardio for 30 minutes at the gym, and was down to #151.6 when I got back home. Cutoff for the 69kg weight class is #151.8, so I plan on trying to just sip a little water and eat lighter foods until tomorrow. Will probably go to the gym for an hour tomorrow morning in some sweats and layers to get the rest of the water weight I've got out.

No comments:

Post a Comment