Wednesday, 4/7
AM
Warmup, 2x1 min row
1 mi run (7:25)
CF Endurance Workout
12 x 20 sec intervals
Rx'd was 2 min rest, did 1 min
20 sec on, 1 min off x 12
Row for meters
1) 104 m 2) 103 3) 102 4) 99 5) 101 6) 100 7) 99 8) 101 9) 100 10)99 11) 100 12) 103
Goal was to get 100m for each, and came up short a few times. Not a big fan of rowing, for 1) Not great at it 2) I'm short as hell. It's more of a mental toughness issue than anything else, so trying to force myself to learn to love it. I used to hate running, so maybe I'll come around eventually.
PM @ CFC:
Overhead Squat: 5-3-2-1-1
95-115-135-135-135 (#10 PR)
Could have gone higher but technique still needs some work. A little disappointing since I thought I had improved more on this, but need to focus on pushing butt back first and locking in the active shoulders. Weight felt very doable. If I ever want to have a respectable squat snatch this will need to come up in the months ahead.
Metcon
5 rds for time,
5 thrusters (Rx'd @ #135)
30 double unders
Time: 6:20
Got 2 rounds of thrusters unbroken but still way too slow with the higher weights. Wanted to get around 5:00 on this, but my thruster motion needs to be smoother and more fluid. My speed on the explosion up remains nonexistent--front squats, front squats, front squats...
Thur, 4/8
2x250m row
Press:
95(5)-115(5)-125(5)-135(3)
I've been stuck here for awhile now.
3 rounds, 2 min rest in between:
10 hang power cleans (#115)
3 laps around track
HPCs unbroken, just trying to work on form here and making sure I stick my butt out when I get into the rack position. Working on getting to the point where throwing #135 feels relatively easy. Rounds were untimed.
Ladder workout:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Regular dips (unweighted)
Pushups
Situps
Untimed, but goal was to get unbroken which I did. Had some rests in between exercises, kept a steady pace. Muscle fatigue began to set in around the round of 6.
Fri, 4/9
Active rest day. Chest, shoulders, and triceps all feel pretty fried from yesterday's ladder, so just went for a run early this morning. Not sure what happened to Spring, as it was around a chilly 30 degrees. Ran the usual 5 mile route at a easy pace, ~35-40 minutes.
Back in the box tomorrow, Friday's workout looks pretty solid, although I'm interested to see what fun pain Alex has in store this weekend as well.
rowing is the devil lol.
ReplyDelete